Who owns the past? Exploring copyright issues of the content available online. Understanding “fair use” and how it applies to us. The ethics of putting history online. Keeping yourself safe online.
- Watch: The Amen Break
*If you are interested in the legal issues involved in hip hop & sampling, you can instead watch the entire Copyright Criminals program ( ~56 min), but it’s not necessary!
- Read: Copyright: An Overview, Cornell University Law School
- Read: “Four Industry Experts Explain What’s Wrong with Current Copyright Law,” Fader, June/July 2015
- Explore: George Mason Copyright Office sections on copyright and fair use.
- Explore: Creative Commons, including the “license deed” for each license. George Mason.
- Explore: GMU’s Basic Security Practices.
**There is no blog assignment this week.
Last updated: November 19, 2015 at 18:27 pm