Doing History & Intro to HTML
What is history? How historians view the world and what types of projects do they do? What is digital history? Introduction to HTML; creating your web presence.
- Purchase your domain name and 1 year of hosting at Reclaim Hosting for $25. *You must do this before class!
- William Cronon, “Getting ready to do history” [pdf] pages 1-7 only.
- Douglas Seefeldt and William G. Thomas, “What is Digital History,” Perspectives, May 2009.
- Watch: Credible Websites? by Harness Library, YouTube. (approx. 4 min.)
- Bookmark & Review: WordPress.com, “Beginning HTML”
We’ll review and evaluate a digital history project together — Cornell’s “Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire Project”.
We’ll break up in groups and evaluate other good and bad digital projects.
We’ll install WordPress on your domains and set up your blog. *You must set me as an admin user on your site. I’ll share details on how to do this in class.