- Roy Rosenzweig, “Scarcity or Abundance? Preserving the Past in a Digital Era,” American Historical Review (2003)
- Daniel J. Cohen, “The Future of Preserving the Past,” CRM: The Journal of Heritage Stewardship (2005)
- Sheila A. Brennan & T. Mills Kelly, “Why Collecting History Online is Web 1.5,” (2009)
- Kate Theimer, “The Problem With the Scholar as ‘Archivist’, or Is There a Problem?” with comments in ArchivesNext (2011)
- Sign up for an account at Omeka.net.
- Watch short set-up tutorial at http://info.omeka.net/.
- Initial set up of your Online Exhibit (get as far as you can using the help documentation above.)
- Read Omeka use case for Educators: http://info.omeka.net/omeka-net-help/use-case-educators/ and follow the links on the page as interests you.
- Dan Cohen & Roy Rosenzweig, “Collecting History Online,” Digital History (2006)
- Kate Theimer, “Archives in Context and as Context,” Journal of Digital Humanities, Vol 1 No 2 (2012)
- Trevor Owens, “What Do You Mean by Archive? Genres of Usage for Digital Preservers,” The Signal: Digital Preservation (2014)